We talked with Rupal Patel, buyer for Six:02, a national chain of retail stores selling women’s athletic wear, about fall’s biggest trends and why you might want to replace your hoodie with a bomber jacket this season.
1. On Fall’s Biggest Trends: A lot of the trends you see in ready to wear can be applied to athletic wear—crop tops, culottes, joggers and cardigans. Materials like velvet, leather appliques and mesh continues. Everything is neutral is hot. Blush, tan and navy are being added to the grey, black and white assortment with pops of burgundy, olive and color blocking replaces all over prints.
2. Do-it-all Fabric: We really like the fabrics that Koral uses. Their signature fabric, Evanesce, has support, stretch, compression, and moisture management.
3. Sports Bras You’ll Want to Show Off: Our customers seem to be more interested in the fashion aspects of sports bras these days versus performance. So we’re excited about the new Pro Indy Cool by Nike, Puma Yogini, and Koral Versatility Bra.
4. Bomber Jackets are the New Hoodie: Layering is big story for fall. We have bombers of all shapes and sizes and tons of cute options. It’s hard to choose our best ones but, we love the Puma Careaux bomber because it’s reversible and the Adidas red satin bomber because it’s a major statement piece.
6. On Her Own Wish List: The three key items that I would buy this season are a bomber or wind runner, a longline cardigan and cotton legging. They’re all very comfortable and perfect for layering.